Kubashnee Govender moved to Lloydminster, Alberta in 2006 from Kwazulu Natal, Durban, South Africa. She completed her BA (LAW) and L.L.B degrees at the University of Kwazulu Natal, South Africa with distinctions and was admitted as lawyer to the South African High Court in 2000. During her time in South Africa, Kubashnee has worked at a Law firm and various commercial banks in her legal capacity. She completed a Canadian equivalent law degree through the National Committee on Accreditation of the Federation of Law Societies of Canada in Ottawa. She has joined PSM Lawyers in 2015. Kubashnee is passionate about building relationships with clients, to insure the client’s needs are fully understood and attended to with the utmost efficiency and high standard of excellence.
Kubashnee also gives back to the community by volunteering at various settings including:
• Administrator on Employment Equity Board- South Africa (2005-2006)
• Volunteer at Kids Ministry- First Baptist Church
• Habitat for Humanity
• Meals on Wheels
• Relay for Life
• Lloydminster Pro Bono Legal Clinic
• Family Law Duty Counsel- Lloydminster
• Big Brothers Big Sisters- appointed as “Big Sister”
• Legal Presentations in and around her community
Kubashnee enjoys travelling, yoga, cooking spicy cuisine, assisting with various activities at her local church and spending time with her husband and three children.